We pursue our craft under a philosophical umbrella we call Agricultural Democracy. By this we mean that creating a world where everybody can produce food democratizes an essential element of human life. We consider this mission sacred because securing Agricultural Democracy against violation is the right and proper pursuit given humanity’s condition today.
Key concerns we have regarding humanity’s condition include:
- too many people go hungry
- too many people lack access to nutritious food
- too much food is produced unsustainably
- available water for agriculture is literally “drying up”
- population and climate trends suggest all the above will worsen in the future
- future generations will inherit the social structures we evolve today
We promote Agricultural Democracy by sustainably operating an enterprise designs and builds products and services that everybody can use to produce food.
In addition, we promote Agricultural Democracy as described below:
- Open-Source – We follow Open-Source principles to lower usage barriers for our technology and designs.
- Learning Center – Our Learning Management System has courses and content focused on hydroponics and aquaponics.
- Clean Seed Network – Patenting the life contained in seeds is not consistent with Agricultural Democracy. The Clean Seed Network provides access to “clean seeds” that have not been genetically altered and are not soaked in or coated with potentially harmful substances.
HAPI (Hydroponic Automation Platform Initiative) is an open-source project of the Open Community Development Corporation.